Last Updated: 07/Sept/23
The DASBE Project is not responsible for the content or privacy practises of other websites which may be accessed via the website. The DASBE Project clearly identifies links to external websites, and it is your responsibility to satisfy yourself as to the adequacy of policies and practices of linked sites. A link to a third party’s website should not be construed as an endorsement by either DASBE or that third party of the other or its products and services. We recommend that you review the privacy statement of each third-party site linked from the website to determine their use of your personal information.
Who We Are
Our website is also known as https://dasbe.ie . It functions as part of the DASBE Project.
What Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide to us directly, such as when you create an account, place an order, or contact us with a question or concern. This information may include your name, email address, and any other information you choose to provide.
- Information we collect automatically: Information on internet traffic is routinely collected by TUS (Technological University of the Shannon) and by its service providers (e.g., HEANet). This information is used to manage and troubleshoot the entire network (not only the DASBE Project). When you use our Services, we may automatically collect certain information about your device and your interactions with our Services. This information may include your IP (internet protocol) address, browser type, device information, operating system, and location data. We may also collect information about your usage of our website, such as the pages you visit, any purchasing activity, and the actions you take.
- Information from third parties: We may receive information about you from third parties, such as social media platforms and other websites that you visit. For example, should you log into our Service using your Facebook account, we may collect your name and email address from Facebook.
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information. Users may, however, visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information. This may prevent them from engaging in certain site-related activities.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with our site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about a user’s means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider utilised, and other similar information.
When visitors leave comments on the website, we collect the data shown in the comments form, the visitor’s IP address, and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Web Browser Cookies
Examples of Cookie Use:
- If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. In addition, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How We Use Your Information
DASBE may use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our website and related services. This includes using the information to:
- To provide and improve our Services: We use your information to provide and improve the Services we offer, such as processing your orders and fulfilling your requests.
- To improve customer services: Information you provide helps us to respond to your customer service requests and questions, and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience: We may use information taken together to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site. This will help to personalise your experience on our website, such as by showing you products or content that may be of interest to you.
- To improve and update our site: We may use feedback you provide to analyse and improve how our products and services are being used.
- To analyse and understand how our Services are used: We may use your information to understand how our Services are being used, such as by analysing data about traffic and user behaviour.
- To process transactions: We may use the information users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To communicate with you: We use your information to communicate with you about your account, our Services, and any updates or changes to our services and policies.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send user information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a user decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product, or service information, etc. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the user may contact us via our site.
- To comply with legal obligations: We may use your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, such as responding to court orders or other legal requirements.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our site.
Sensitive and provided data exchange between the Platform and its users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outline above.
- With service providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as hosting, analytics, payment processing, and shipping companies
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners for marketing and promotional purposes. Examples include offering you products or services that may be of interest to you.
- With third parties for legal reasons: We may share your information with third parties if we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to enforce our policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the DASBE website, our users, or others.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments or forms submissions may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with our Services. We may also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your Choices and Rights Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You have the following choices and rights regarding your information:
- Access and correction: You can request access to your information and request that we correct or update your information.
- Deletion: You can request that we delete your information.
- Opt-out of marketing communications: You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in the communications.
- Object to processing: You can object to our processing of your information.
- Request data portability: You can request that we provide your information to you in a format that you can use to transfer it to another service.
- Lodge a complaint: If you have any concerns or complaints about our handling of your information, you can contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the issue. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can also lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
We take seriously our legal obligation to protect the privacy of children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 16 years of age, and no part of the Website is directed to persons under 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal information of persons less than 16 years of age.